ART 140B Intermediate Painting (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
The focus of Art 140B is twofold: to widen and deepen the skills, techniques, methods, and processes learned in 140A, while applying them to more complex painting assignments, which emphasize personally-expressive themes and content. New materials, techniques, and processes are incorporated into the course as well.
All sections will charge a material fee of $15.00
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Design paintings that harness the fundamentals of painting to the larger challenges of composition by employing various contrasts and harmonies of shape, value, volume, color, space, texture.
- Outcome 2: Employ various methods and techniques of paint-handling through the use of mediums and additives which are incorporated into the painting process.
- Outcome 3: Utilize a variety of styles and approaches, (historical and modem) to convey content, theme, artistic intention.
- Outcome 4: Create personally expressive content in artworks that effectively communicate ideas, mood, emotion, states of mind.
- Outcome 5: Analyze and critique both visual and conceptual aspects of paintings employing the language and methods of art analysis.