ART 132C Advanced Figure Drawing (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Building on a rigorous study of drawing the nude figure from life, students will focus on developing a self-directed creative process, leading to advanced-level exploration of contemporary art issues and media, while creating a series of related figurative compositions.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Evaluate and employ a variety of drawing media, techniques, and approaches to achieve successful and expressive figurative compositions
- Outcome 2: Propose and implement a plan for creative growth that integrates personal expressive goals with advanced figure drawing techniques and approaches
- Outcome 3: Create a series of figurative compositions towards building a body of work that emphasizes coherence, critical thinking, problem solving, and risk-taking.
- Outcome 4: Evaluate and revise one's own work in response to critiques that address technique, drawing and design principles, emotional and expressive content, and creative goals.
- Outcome 5: Identify historical, contemporary, and professional developments, trends, materials and approaches in figure drawing.