ART 132B Intermediate Figure Drawing (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Building on the previously acquired basic knowledge of drawing the nude figure from life, intermediate students will further develop their understanding of concepts and techniques of figure drawing, continue with more in-depth study of anatomy and proportion, and start working with color and experimental mixed-media approaches.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Integrate knowledge of drawing methods such as gesture, contour, and value modeling with a basic understanding of experimental and expressive approaches to drawing the figure
- Outcome 2: Identify and illustrate the expressive qualities of various drawing media while further expanding figure drawing skills
- Outcome 3: Integrate concepts of shape and plane with mass, volume, and value.
- Outcome 4: Employ basic color media techniques.
- Outcome 5: Identify and classify major muscle groups and bone structures while integrating this knowledge with drawing the figure from life.
- Outcome 6: Organize and synthesize figure studies into more complex and effective compositions
- Outcome 7: Illustrate how specific historical, contemporary, or professional developments in figure drawing relates to her/his work
- Outcome 8: Analyze and evaluate her/his work and works of peers during group critiques.
- Outcome 9: Evaluate and revise own work.