ART 130B Intermediate Drawing (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Continued development of drawing skills with projects of greater complexity. This also includes additional approaches to drawing, composition, and varied drawing materials. This course is a member of the drawing family of courses.
C-ID ARTS 205
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Use of advanced drawing techniques and materials such as gesture, contour, organizational line drawing with charcoal, graphite and ink.
- Outcome 2: Formulate complex compositions using the elements of design and personal viewpoint.
- Outcome 3: Employ basic color theory in color media manipulation.
- Outcome 4: Use of advanced understanding and manipulate the principles of spatial illusion through linear, atmospheric, observational (sighting of proportion) and other perspective systems.
- Outcome 5: Apply critical evaluation and critique skills in oral, and/or written form.
- Outcome 6: Identify professional fields employing the skills of drawing.
- Outcome 7: Summarize historical and contemporary developments, trends, materials, and approaches in drawing.