ART 130A Basic Drawing (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
ADVISE: Completion/concurrent enrollment in ART 125A
A course in the theory and practice of drawing using a variety of media and subject matter. The student will develop drawing skills through the use of line, plane, tone, shape, form, volume, chiaroscuro and perspective. Group and individual instruction related to progressive assignments will encourage subjective and analytical development.
C-ID ARTS 110
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate appropriate use of drawing materials and techniques.
- Outcome 2: Visualize and organize composition using the elements of design.
- Outcome 3: Use the basic principles of spatial illusion through value and planes, linear, atmospheric, sighting and measuring, and other perspective systems.
- Outcome 4: Employ expressive content through various subject sources and manipulation of line, form, value and composition.
- Outcome 5: Apply critical evaluation to personal work and critique skills in a group setting.
- Outcome 6: Identify professional fields employing the skills of drawing.
- Outcome 7: Recognize and discuss historical and contemporary developments, trends, materials and approaches in drawing.