ART 104 Asian Art History (3)
Lec-52.5, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
A survey of the artistic heritages of Asia, from Iran in the west to south-eastern regions of Indonesia, spanning five millennia of Asian art history. ART 104 explores the themes and beliefs which give unity to the art of this part of the world, as well as the diverse cultural characteristics which led to the development of national styles.
C-ID ARTH 130
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Identify and analyze the formal visual elements and techniques of individual works of art in different media.
- Outcome 2: Define the various styles of Asian art and demonstrate the ability to compare and contrast stylistic aspects and trends.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate works of art in relation to the sociological, religious, historical, and cultural context in which they were created.
- Outcome 4: Identify individual works of art and architecture by pivotal Asian artists.
- Outcome 5: Summarize and distinguish the concepts that define the different Asian visual traditions, and demonstrate the ability to discuss and assess these concepts contextually.