ARCH 99 Materials and Fabrication Shop (1)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A project-oriented, hands-on course to introduce students to the practices and methodologies used in fabricating architectural models or execution of three-dimensional designs using wood, metals and plastics. Students learn shop and cleanup procedures, safety procedures, and proper use of equipment and tools.
ARCH 99=ENGN 99
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate proper shop safety and procedures.
- Outcome 2: Demonstrate ability to wear proper safety equipment in the shop.
- Outcome 3: Operate machinery in a safe manner.
- Outcome 4: Apply proper techniques to fabricate three dimensional designs with the appropriate materials and equipment.
- Outcome 5: Use a range of tools and machines to fabricate a three dimensional design.
- Outcome 6: Evaluate the quality of fabricated constructions.