ARCH 240 Fundamentals of the International Building Code (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
A comprehensive introduction to the fundamentals of the International Building Code (IBC) that is adopted and used throughout most jurisdictions of the United States to regulate the use, design, construction, and maintenance of buildings.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Summarize the history and purpose of model building codes.
- Outcome 2: Identify sections of the IBC that apply to a project.
- Outcome 3: Analyze the IBC issues that govern a project.
- Outcome 4: Select IBC provisions that govern a project.
- Outcome 5: Apply the IBC to actual project plans.