ARCH 101 Architectural Design Studio I (3)
Lec-35, Lab-70, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Introduction to architectural concepts and principles through 2-D and 3-D design projects. Focus is on issues, requirements and objectives related to visual perception of form and space, architectural meaning, spatial experiences, and the human condition.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Create architectonic solutions to a set of abstract problems;
- Outcome 2: Evaluate a proposed architectonic solution against the problem requirements;
- Outcome 3: Analyze and communicate designs visually, orally, and in writing and model using an architectural vocabulary;
- Outcome 4: Apply a visual language that is two- and three-dimensional responsive to form, space, and context;
- Outcome 5: Examine how architects and interior designers create sets of functionally and aesthetically expressive solutions.