APPR 9716 Roofing/Waterproofing Apprenticeship
Overview and application of a variety of roofing/waterproofing materials and practices. Includes hot and cold applied built-up roofing and waterproofing, asphalt shingles, tiles and single ply roofing materials such as EPDM, PVC, TPO, Modified Bitumen, above and below grade applications of waterproofing, and Photovoltaic.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define the duties of a roofer and describe the Roofing/Waterproofing industry.
- Outcome 2: Explain common roofing materials and practices, concepts and terminology for installation and repairs.
- Outcome 3: Identify, describe, and demonstrate safety practices and codes and application of adult CPR and first aid.
- Outcome 4: Demonstrate the operation of and ability to troubleshoot roofing and waterproofing tools and equipment.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate the application of various roofing materials including asphalt shingles, tiles, single ply roofing materials - EPDM, PVC, TPO, Modified Bitumen, above and below grade applications of waterproofing, and Photovoltaic.
- Outcome 6: Analyze, interpret, and apply roofing codes and common measurements.
- Outcome 7: Assess, evaluate and troubleshoot roofing problems.