APPR 9714 Plumbing Apprentice
The practice and study of skills and knowledge required for entry level employment as a journeyperson in the plumbing industry. Instruction includes occupational hazards, safety, first aid, CPR, blueprint reading, use of basic drawings, common cutting and welding practices, gas and arc welding, soldering, brazing, residential plumbing repairs and installations, troubleshooting residential plumbing problems and recommended industrial practices.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe and demonstrate common plumbing practices, concepts and terminology for installation and repairs.
- Outcome 2: Explain and demonstrate piping installations and systems.
- Outcome 3: Analyze, interpret and apply the plumbing code.
- Outcome 4: Assess, evaluate and troubleshoot residential plumbing problems.
- Outcome 5: Explain and demonstrate methods of joining metals such as soldering and brazing.
- Outcome 6: Identify and demonstrate knowledge of basic computers and CAD detailing.
- Outcome 7: Analyze, interpret and demonstrate knowledge of the medical gas system.
- Outcome 8: Describe and demonstrate common cutting and welding practices used in plumbing.