ANTH 15 Philippine Culture and Society (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
The course introduces students to the development of Philippine culture and the impact of Eastern and Western civilizations on the people; emphasis on the ways of life in Philippine rural and urban areas and also the cultures of the various ethnic groups.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Describe and analyze the major stages of development of Philippine culture.
- Outcome 2: Compare, contrast and evaluate the impacts of Indian, Chinese, Arabic, and Southeast Asian culture on the Philippines.
- Outcome 3: Describe and evaluate the impact of colonialism on the cultural development on the regional and ethnic groups in the Philippines.
- Outcome 4: Discuss and analyze the impact of Diaspora on Philippine rural and urban culture.
- Outcome 5: Compare and contrast the various religions that have existed and thrived in the country.
- Outcome 6: Analyze the indigenization of Philippine anthropology and other social sciences.