AIRC 102 Basic Electricity and Electrical Systems (8)
Lec-87.5, Lab-175, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
This course acquaints the student with the basic principles of electricity and prepares the student to maintain, repair, overhaul basic aircraft electrical systems, and components. It is a foundational course for the aircraft maintenance training. Other topics covered in AIRC 102 are battery servicing, weight & balance, mathematics, and aircraft engine electrical systems.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Examine and appraise safety procedures.
- Outcome 2: Measure voltage, current, and resistance in electrical circuits as well as interpret aircraft electrical circuit diagrams.
- Outcome 3: Weigh aircraft, perfonn complete weight-and-balance check and evaluate record data.
- Outcome 4: Solve ratio, proportion, and percentage problems as well as perform algebraic operations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of positive and negative numbers.
- Outcome 5: Install, check, and service engine electrical wiring, controls, switches, indicators, and protective devices.
- Outcome 6: Inspect and service batteries.