AHTC 9121 Skills for Home Care Providers
Training in the basic communication, health, safety, nutrition, and job readiness skills competencies required of a health care provider.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate the ability to communicate with the client, service providers and family members.
- Outcome 2: Recognize physical and mental changes in aging adults and provide safe activities of daily living (ADL's).
- Outcome 3: Demonstrate proper transfer techniques, practice safety procedures in the home environment, and monitor infection controls.
- Outcome 4: Identify nutritional needs of the aging adult and prepare foods that address the requirements of special diets in the treatment of chronic disease.
- Outcome 5: Recognize signs of elder abuse and demonstrate adherence to reporting requirements of the care giver.