ADMJ 92 Instructor Development (2)
Credit, Degree Applicable
PREREQ.: Law enforcement officer
This course is designed to train the student in teaching techniques which include: personal introductions, listening skills, mechanics of speech delivery, effective use of educational aids, topic development, adult learning concepts, ethics, participant behaviors, educational presentations, basic course instructional systems, and integrating the workbook into the basic course.
Students may petition to repeat this course to meet a legally mandated training requirement.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Formulate listening skills
- Outcome 2: Distinguish between the various mechanics of delivery
- Outcome 3: Distinguish paralanguage - Vocal characteristics
- Outcome 4: Identify constructive criticlsm and apply it to presentations
- Outcome 5: Describe the methods for creating, organizing and delivering a speech
- Outcome 6: Assess adult learning concepts and participant behavior
- Outcome 7: Appraise and demonstrate methods of self evaluation