ADMJ 71 Police Fieldwork (1-3)
Lec-52.5, Work-60 to 225, field trips
Credit, Degree Applicable
Repeat: max. 9 units
Field application of principles taught in previous course in Administration of Justice. Individual experience and training in the Campus Police Department. This course is also used with other law enforcement agency training such as the San Francisco Police Department. This course was formerly listed as ADMJ 70 B, C, D.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Perform the practical and typical duties of a Student Campus Police Officer as assigned or duties of a San Francisco Police Officer as assigned.
- Outcome 2: Operate under direct and indirect supervision while on patrol at the Ocean Campus, and under direct supervision while on patrol in the San Francisco Police Department.
- Outcome 3: Apply the theory, techniques, knowledge gained in the law enforcement curriculum in a positive manner.
- Outcome 4: Perform assigned duties without bias, prejudice , or personal feeling.
- Outcome 5: Employ radio communications and police equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Outcome 6: Compare and contrast the importance of professional behavior as it relates to the law enforcement code of ethics.