ADMJ 59 Organized Crime (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Practical and theoretical investigation techniques involving organized crime to include the social and cultural characteristics of organized crime groups. Law enforcement responses to organized crime will be explored as a basis for understanding and mitigating organized crime groups.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Define the sociology and psychology of organized crime.
- Outcome 2: Compare and contrast the organized crime in the various ethnicities.
- Outcome 3: Distinguish the practices and procedures in combating organized crime.
- Outcome 4: Distinguish the cultural competencies in investigating organized crime.
- Outcome 5: Define the major theories behind why youths are involved in organized crime.