ADMJ 52 Concepts of Criminal Law (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Principles of California Criminal Law, including laws of arrest, search and seizure, application sections of the Constitution of the United States and relevant cases as they apply to and effect contemporary law. An understanding of the Penal Code and other criminal statutes is required for a comprehensive understanding of the course.
C-ID AJ 120
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Interpret and explain the principles of Constitutional Law to contemporary codified law
- Outcome 2: Compare and contrast the relationship of the legislative and judicial branches of the government as they relate to the U.S. Constitution and the Penal Code of California.
- Outcome 3: Articulate the principles of the California Penal Code.
- Outcome 4: Identify and analyze the Corpus Delicti of a crime and other important basic principles related to criminal law.
- Outcome 5: Application of the Doctrine of Stare Decisis (legal case law precedence)
- Outcome 6: Application of Supreme Court decisions to the daily enforcement of criminal law
- Outcome 7: Illustrate and describe the vocabulary of the law