ACCT 59 Federal Income Tax (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Designed for students who want to pursue the study of tax accounting or who want to prepare their own individual tax returns. Topics include tax filing requirements, gross income, itemized deductions, capital gains and losses. This course may help meet the requirement for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Prepare basic individual Federal Income Tax returns (Form 1040).
- Outcome 2: Analyze and apply the tax laws and procedures underlying our U.S. Federal Income tax system.
- Outcome 3: Analyze and apply basic tax saving techniques.
- Outcome 4: Evaluate the occupational job opportunities available in the field of taxation.
- Outcome 5: Demonstrate basic ability to utilize tax research and tax reference materials.