ACCT 54 Auditing (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Designed for students who are pursuing accounting beyond introductory study. Covers the objectives, scope and history of external auditing for financial statements. Qualifies as meeting a part of the educational requirements for the Certified Public Accountant exam as determined by the California State Board of Accountancy as of September 2013.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Relate how generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS), and standards promulgated by the Pubic Company Accounting Standards Board (PCAOB) affect audit procedures and reporting
- Outcome 2: Evaluate the adequacy of internal controls presented in specific audit environments.
- Outcome 3: Formulate audit programs, prepare workpapers, and execute procedural tests for each auditing cycle
- Outcome 4: Evaluate the quality of evidence encountered in performing audit program steps
- Outcome 5: Prepare the appropriate audit report at the conclusion of the audit