ACCT 10 Introduction to Accounting (5)
Credit, Degree Applicable
Designed to meet the needs of students in specific occupational programs and as an exploratory course to determine student interest and aptitude in accounting. Emphasis on the principles of double-entry bookkeeping, business and accounting terminology, and the use of various accounting worksheets to calculate and prepare accounting and business reports.
ACCT 1 may be elected in lieu of ACCT 10 to satisfy the requirement in any curriculum in business.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Examine the role that accounting plays in the operation of a business
- Outcome 2: Describe economic events using business and accounting terminology
- Outcome 3: Analyze, classify and interpret a wide variety of business transactions
- Outcome 4: Assemble month-end and year-end balances into financial statements in standard sequence and format.
- Outcome 5: Calculate and record earnings, deductions, tax expenses and tax deposits; complete all required federal quarterly and annual payroll reports.