ACBO 9206 Basic Accounting Concepts I
ADVISE: ESL Level 6+
Introduction to business accounting principles and concepts. Topics include steps in the accounting cycle for a proprietorship such as financial statements, ledgers, journals, cash control systems, and bank reconciliations. The integration of Microsoft Excel is introduced.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Understand and interpret standard accounting terms.
- Outcome 2: Perform proper accounting procedures for a proprietorship.
- Outcome 3: Build and maintain cash control systems.
- Outcome 4: Locate and identify types of accounting errors.
- Outcome 5: Complete accounting problems using Microsoft Excel.