ACBO 9203 Principles of Accounting - Comprehensive
ADVISE: ESL Levels 5/6
Fundamental accounting principles and procedures for both a service and merchandising business. Topics include steps in the accounting cycle for a proprietorship, partnership and a corporation such as special journals, ledgers, financial statements, inventory, payroll and taxes. The integration of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks is covered in this course.
Offered on occasion
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Distinguish among various career positions in accounting
- Outcome 2: Perform proper accounting procedures for a proprietorship, partnership and corporation.
- Outcome 3: Analyze ethical and behavioral practices.
- Outcome 4: Explain the role of accounting in a global and cultural environment.
- Outcome 5: Complete accounting problems using Microsoft Excel.
- Outcome 6: Complete accounting problems using QuickBooks.