ACBO 9201 Accounting I - Proprietorship & Partnership
Fundamental accounting principles and procedures of a service business organized as a proprietorship or a partnership. Topics include steps in the accounting cycle for a proprietorship and a partnership such as transactions, journals, ledgers, financial statements, cash control systems, and bank reconciliations. The integration of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks is introduced.
Offered Spring semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Distinguish among various career positions in accounting.
- Outcome 2: Perform proper accounting procedures for a proprietorship.
- Outcome 3: Analyze ethical and behavioral practices.
- Outcome 4: Explain the role of accounting in a global and cultural environment.
- Outcome 5: Complete accounting problems using Microsoft Excel.
- Outcome 6: Complete accounting problems using QuickBooks.