AAPS 103 Orientation to College Transfer (3)
Credit, Degree Applicable
An overview of the concepts and significance of factors that contribute to college transfer and college success. Factors to be explored include social awareness, cultural identity, goal setting, educational planning, study skills, and college resources. Focus on understanding the college/university systems and on understanding of the relationship of cultural experiences and college success.
Offered Fall semesters
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Outcome 1: Evaluate the ways in which one's historical and cultural experiences impact personal and educational objectives.
- Outcome 2: Identify and develop strategies to overcome obstacles that prevent community college student success.
- Outcome 3: Compare and contrast CCSF graduation requirements and CSU/UC and private university transfer requirements.
- Outcome 4: Compose college applications, academic goals, and personal statements.
- Outcome 5: Analyze factors that motivate educational success.