CityNotes for Tuesday, September 5, 2017

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Tuesday, September 5, 2017
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 23:07:39 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook follow us on Twitter and Instagram to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Hurricane Harvey Fundraiser - Now through Friday, September 8 at 5:00pm

2. International Student Programs - Updated Social Media Accounts

3. Italian Film Festival

4. Student Voter Registration

5. Contextualized Teaching and Learning - Continuing Education Opportunity

1. Hurricane Harvey Fundraiser - Now through Friday, September 8 at 5:00pm

Please join the CCSF Community in our support for the Houston victims affected by Hurricane Harvey. We're asking students, staff, faculty, administrators and community members to donate new or barely worn shoes, t-shirts and sweatshirts. Donations can be dropped off to the Chancellor's Office E-200, Conlan Hall, Ocean Campus, 50 Phelan Avenue.

2. International Student Program Office - Updated Social Media Accounts

The Office of International  Programs has updated their social media accounts. Please follow us to support our f-1 visa students:

Instagram: @ccsfoip
Twitter: @ccsfoip
Facebook: @City College International Programs
LinkedIn: @CCSF Office of International Programs

3. Italian Film Festival

The CCSF Italian Department, in coordination with the Audio Visual Department, invites you to the 29th annual Italian Film Festival!

September 11, October 16, November 6, and December 4
Rosenberg Library 301, 1:00pm

Please see the attached flyer for additional details.

4. Student Voter Registration

Attention students! Take just a minute to REGISTER TO VOTE through this online link!

Registering online in a few easy steps will have you set for life to make decisions about your city, your state, and your country. It was through local elections that SF voters were able to pass programs you may be benefiting from:

  • Free City - free CCSF tuition for SF residents
  • Free MUNI - free access to MUNI for youth, seniors, and disabled folks

You are eligible to vote if you are a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years old, and fit any of the options below because you need to:

  • Register for the first time
  • Update your current address since the last time you registered.
  • Update your political party since the last time you registered.

5. Contextualized Teaching and Learning - Continuing Education Opportunity

Contextualized Teaching and Learning (CTL) has proven to be a High Impact Practice that helps basic skills students succeed in college courses. CCSF has many iterations of CTL currently running in our Bridge to Biotech, Community Health Worker, Puente, and Culinary programs. This project will build capacity and expertise to further the practice of CTL, building bridges for basic skills students.

ITAL FILM FEST FALL 2017.pdf

Contextualized Teaching and Learning Flyer.pdf