CityNotes for Monday, May 1, 2017

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Monday, May 1, 2017
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 18:14:56 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Purchasing Deadlines Approaching - May 1
2. Chorale Spring Concert – Wednesday, May 3
3. Financial Aid Awareness Day - May 11
4. FRISCO Day - May 5

1. Purchasing Deadlines Approaching - May 1

From Purchasing and Contracts:

Reminder that the deadline for submitting online requisitions and changes to existing TPAs and contracts is Monday, May 1. See the attached memo for specifics. Thank you!

2. Chorale Spring Concert – Wednesday, May 3

Wednesday, May 3, 7:00pm
Rosenberg Library 2nd Floor Atrium

City College Masterworks Chorale Spring Concert conducted by Dr. Michael Shahani with Judy Lee pianist, featuring works by William Billings, Benjamin Britten, Eric Whitacre, Schubert, and Kurt Weill.

There is no admission charge.

3. Financial Aid Awareness Day 2017 - May 11

When: Thursday, May 11
Time: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Where: City College of San Francisco – Ocean Campus, Wellness Center Quad

The Financial Aid Office is excited to once again host our Third Annual Financial Aid Awareness Day event. We had a very successful event last year and we would like to invite everyone to participate. The event will be held on Thursday, May 11 from 11:00am – 2:00pm at Ocean Campus – Wellness Center Quad. Participants will learn how to apply for Federal and State Financial Aid Programs and how to get money for college. We will be having KMEL on site, food, prizes, scholarship raffles, and giveaways. We encourage you to share this event with your friends and partner organizations.

Please see the attached poster and postcard for additional information.

4. FRISCO Day - May 5

On Friday, May 5, 2017, from 9:00am - 2:00pm we will host approximately 1,000 San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) Seniors for FRISCO Day (FRIDAY=Successful College Opportunities). At FRISCO Day our goal is to welcome SFUSD seniors to CCSF. Throughout the day, our staff and faculty help the students navigate the matriculation and enrollment process and connect them with our great programs, resources, and services. It takes a village of staff, faculty, students, trustees, administrators, and community volunteers to make the day a success. There are two primary ways for the CCSF campus community to get involved:

1. RESOURCE FAIR: Academic Affairs and Student Development programs will have the opportunity to staff a table to showcase their programs in the gym from 10am-2pm while student clubs, government, and organizations will table in the Wellness Center Plaza.

2. VOLUNTEER: Volunteers are needed throughout the day to help students and make the day run smoothly.

We kindly ask that you sign up for the resource fair or to volunteer. Thank you for your support of our students and this event. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Alex Guiriba at aguiriba@ccsf.edu.

Purchasing Deadlines YE 2017 Cut-off_FINAL (2).pdf

Financial Aid Awareness Day2017_Postcard (2).pdf

Financial Aid Awareness Day2017_Poster.pdf

FriscoDay2017.jpg