CityNotes for Tuesday, April 25, 2017

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 00:39:18 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. The Working Adult Degree Program - Recruiting NOW for Fall 2017! Tell family and friends!
2. Standing ovation for CCSF Departments of Theater & Music on the musical Anything Goes
3.  CCSF Puente Program
4. The Monument Quilt
5. Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration

1. The Working Adult Degree Program - Recruiting NOW for Fall 2017! Tell family and friends!

The CCSF Working Adult Degree Program is returning with a twist. Now located at the Downtown Center, the WADP will be cohort-based, with students learning and collaborating together from beginning to end of the program. Students complete lower division general education requirements for both the local CCSF Associates Degree and the California State University system. Following the set curriculum, WADP students taking 10-12 units a semester, plus two courses in the summer, also earn three degrees in under three years. A Fast-Track option allows students to complete the entire program in 21 months. Due to its emphasis on general education requirements, WADP is a good place to start for students who are undecided on their major.

The WADP website includes information about the program, degrees earned, sample curriculum, a printable brochure to share, and an online application for students who wish to join. WADP Information Sessions begin in April at the Downtown Center. Check out the website for more information and dates:

2. Standing Ovation for CCSF Departments of Theater & Music Musical, Anything Goes

From Chelsea Eng (Faculty, CCSF Dance)

Stellar performances by the cast, wonderful set/lighting/sound design, delightful music, direction and choreography... Bravo!!! A testament to the powerful teaching and learning that transpires at CCSF. Learn more about our programming here.

3.  CCSF Puente Program - Accepting Applications

CCSF Puente Program, a year-long learning community that combines English instruction, counseling and mentoring as a means to support historically underrepresented students transfer to four-year universities is accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year.

Our two distinct cohorts are designed to accept students at different English levels. English 88 & AAPS 103 are offered at the Mission Center and English 1A & AAPS 103 at the Ocean Campus. Attached find a flyer with class information, Student Interest form, and our contact information. Watch Our Video: This is why Puente works: An Overview of the Puente Program at City College of San Francisco.

Eligibility:
  • ENGL 88 (Class offered at the Mission Center)
  • ENGL 1A (Class offered at the Ocean Campus

4. The Monument Quilt

The Monument Quilt, a growing collection of over 2,000 stories from survivors of rape and abuse - written, painted, and stitched onto red fabric - is coming to San Francisco on Saturday, May 6, 2017. It will be displayed on the City College of San Francisco football field (Ocean near Phelan), from 12:00pm – 4:00 pm. By providing a public healing space, the quilt is building a new culture where survivors are supported, not shamed. Project SURVIVE, City College of San Francisco’s peer education sexual violence prevention program, will be hosting The Monument Quilt. Co-sponsors are the college’s Physical Education and Dance Department, the Women’s Studies Department, and Student Health Services.

We need volunteers for three hours shifts on May 6. Click here to sign up and bring your voice (and body) to this vision. Please share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1392442097512907/?ti=cl.

For more information, contact Leslie Simon at 415.239.3899 or lsimon@ccsf.edu.

5. Asian
Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration

Aloha! Please join us in celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.

Here's the link to our library program's webpage. For a copy of the pdf flyer designed by Mark Albright, please click here. If you have any questions, please contact Lori Brown at lbrown@ccsf.edu or Suzanne Lo at slo@ccsf.edu.

Puente flyer for Fall 2017 PDF.pdf

Monument Quilt Flyer (1).pdf