CityNotes for Monday, April 24

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Monday, April 24
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:10:21 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Issues Created Through Acceptance of Wrong Bodiedness (Or the Ravings of a Drag Queen Gone Mad in Sacramento) – April 24

2. Child Development Career Fair - April 25
3. Music Department Faculty Concert - April 25
4. ReDressing Injustice - last week of April
5. Healing Through Movement – May 2
6. Party Like It's 1849! - May 4
7. Job Fair - May 4
8. Dance Department Annual Dance Concert "Dance Art" – May 5 and May 6
9. The Monument Quilt - May 6
10. African American Scholastic Programs Fundraiser

1. Issues Created Through Acceptance of Wrong Bodiedness (Or the Ravings of a Drag Queen Gone Mad in Sacramento) – April 24

Monday, April 24

3:00pm - 4:00pm

Rosenberg 305.

Free lecture by CCSF graduate and current Sacramento State University Anthropology student Glendon Hyde on his research on trans male communities.  Co-sponsored by CCSF departments of Behavioral Sciences; Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Studies; and Women's Studies. Please see the attached flyer for additional information.

2. Child Development Career Fair - April 25

Tuesday, April 25
3:00 - 6:00pm
MUB 140

Are you interested in learning about job opportunities, career advancement, education and professional requirements in the Child Development field? Meet representatives from child care employers from around the Bay Area, CCSF and SFSU child development faculty and staff, community agencies and transfer institutions. Join us for our Annual Child Development Career Fair! For information call (415) 452-5605 and see the attached flyer.

3. Music Department Faculty Concert - April 25

Tuesday, April 25
11:00am
Ocean Campus – Creative Arts Building Room 133

City College Music Department Faculty will perform the works of composers ranging from Schubert & Ravel to Harold Arlen, Luis Bonfa & Astor Piazzola and even modern electronic music. Instrumentation includes Madeline Mueller on piano, Larry Ferrara & Lenny Carlson on guitar, Dr. Harry Bernstein on flute, Charlie McCarthy on flute and saxophone, doctors Michael Shahani and Lee Strawn singing and Matthew Creer performing electronic music creations.

4. ReDressing Injustice - last week of April

Visit the third floor of Cloud Hall Monday - Thursday, from 10 AM to 3PM, during the final week of Rape Awareness Month (April) to see the ReDressing Injustice Installation commemorating the hundreds of unsolved murders and rapes perpetrated against women living in Mexico, Guatemala, and Canada, where indigenous women have been targeted.

5. Healing Through Movement – May 2

Tuesday, May 2
3:00pm - 6:00pm
MUB 140

The CCSF community is invited to Healing through Movement on Tuesday, May 2, from 3:00pm - 6:00pm in MUB 140. As the third in our series of events designed to help us De-stress by Healing from Historical and Individual Trauma, African American Studies Department Chair and History professor Aliyah Dunn-Salahuddin will lead this dynamic movement workshop, utilizing Dunham Technique to help participants connect to our ancestors and sustain our work as we move through the semester. The event includes healthy food.

6. Party Like It's 1849! - May 4

The Faculty Association and Friends respectfully requests your presence at our traditional end-of-year party to honor our most recently retiring faculty. We enthusiastically welcome ALL members of our college community and guests. This year the theme is the Gold Rush! We need you to help us give a grand send-off to our retirees and create great memories. You will be greeted by Forty-Niner Gold Miners and Saloon Girls! Feel free to join us in costume in keeping with the era. The three best guest costumes will win a prize!

When: Thursday, May 4 from 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Where: Chef's Table at the Pierre Coste Dining Room, “The Golden Nugget Saloon," on Ocean Campus
Catering: Hors d’oeuvres, desserts, and beverages will be provided by CAHS

Admission:
  • Free for 2016-2017 retirees, plus ONE guest (additional guests will pay admission)
  • $10 for past retirees (includes annual FAF membership & discounts to future events)
  • All others, $20 at the door (includes annual FAF membership & discounts to future events)

Entertainment/Prizes/Fund-raising
  • Music will be provided by FAF Officer and DJ extraordinaire, Ms. Dana Jae
  • Look for raffle tickets for great prizes at the entrance
  • Participate in our Silent Auction and you may win a great get-away vacation!

Please note that all funds will go towards supporting this and future FAF events, which bring together and celebrate our college community.

Please RSVP to Dana Jae at dlabrecq@ccsf.edu by Wednesday April 26 and inform her if you are bringing guests. We appreciate RSVPs in order to plan catering as accurately as possible. Please see the attached flyer for additional information.

We sincerely look forward to seeing you ALL. Yeehaw!!!

7. Job Fair - May 4

Thursday, May 4
11:00am - 2:00pm
CCSF Mission Center

Come and meet with 140 recruiters from over 70 companies including the television stations ABC7 and KPIX, as well as 68 other companies offering a wide range of full-time, part-time and temporary positions from entry level to management. Fields include business, education, hospitality, airline, health, banking, childcare, skilled and semi-skilled trades, client/customer Service, transportation, retail, security, as well as city, county and state jobs.

Don't miss the opportunity to speak directly with recruiters at companies with at least 10 open positions. Come dressed to impress! Please see the attached flyer for additional details.

8. Dance Department Annual Dance Concert "Dance Art" – May 5 and May 6

Be there, and spread the word...

May 5 and 6
8:00pm
Ocean Campus – Diego Rivera Theater

The CCSF Dance Department presents its annual concert featuring faculty and student choreography in a diverse array of genres: modern, ballet, jazz, tap, salsa, swing, Argentine tango, and more!

Tickets available at the door (no reservations required, but early arrival is advised):
$15 General
$10 Students

Can't make the concert dates? Attend the Dress Rehearsal on May 4 (same time, same place) for $5.

9. The Monument Quilt - May 6

Saturday, May 6
12:00pm - 4:00pm
City College Football Field

The Monument Quilt, a growing collection of over 2,000 stories from survivors of rape and abuse — written, painted, and stitched onto red fabric — is coming to San Francisco on Saturday, May 6, 2017. It will be displayed on the City College football field, 12:00pm – 4:00pm. By providing a public healing space, the quilt is building a new culture where survivors are supported, not shamed. Project SURVIVE, CCSF's peer education sexual violence prevention program, will be hosting The Monument Quilt. Co-sponsors are the college’s Physical Education and Dance Department, the Women’s Studies Department, and Student Health Services.

We need volunteers for three hours shifts on May 6. Click on this link to sign up and bring your voice (and body) to this vision. For more information, contact, Leslie Simon, 415-239-3899; lsimon@ccsf.edu. Please see the attached flyer and press release for additional details.

10. African American Scholastic Programs Fundraiser

The African American Scholastic Programs is fundraising for the “Rites of Passage” event. Our t-shirts come in black and red with different sizes to choose from. Please print out the attached ordering form to place your order today!

Please make checks out to the “African American Scholastic Programs”. We accept cash or check donations as well.

If you have questions please contact: Dr. Kim Wise at 415.452.5315, Mrs. Felita J. Clark at 415.239.3057, or Mr. Edward Tang at 415.452.5953.

WANTED.pdf

Career Fair 2017.pdf

BuildingtheArtHousePressRelease (1).pdf

Job Fair Flyer May 4.pdf

AASP Rite of Passage Flyer 2017 Revised.pdf

AASP Tshirt Fundraiser Order Form (3).pdf

Glendon Hyde flyer FINAL.pdf

Monument Quilt at CCSF press releaseREV.pdf

Monument Quilt Flyer.pdf