CityNotes for Friday, March 24, 2017

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, March 24, 2017
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 21:07:16 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more

1. CCSF Photography Department - Upcoming Gallery Obscura Exhibition - Begins March 23

2. Free Disaster Preparedness Training - Begins April 4

3. Diet, Nutrition, and Cancer - April 17

4. FRISCO Day - May 5

1. CCSF Photography Department - Upcoming Gallery Obscura Exhibition - Begins March 23

Solo Exhibition of Fall 2016 Cherkis Scholarship Recipient:
Noir Rome
Photography by Simone Mancini
On display at Gallery Obscura, CCSF Photography Department Gallery V160
March 23 – April 22, 2017
Gallery Reception: April 6th, 6-9pm

2. Free Disaster Preparedness Training - Begins April 4

Beginning April 4, The San Francisco Fire Department is hosting a Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) training series at the CCSF Evans Campus. Classes include earthquake awareness and peparedness, basic disaster skills, disaster medicine and more. Please see the attached flyer for details.

3. Diet, Nutrition, and Cancer - April 17

Monday, April 17
4:30pm - 5:30pm
Science 302

The class Bio 61, The Biology of Cancer, presents a talk by Natalie Ledesma, MS, RD, CSO called "Diet, Nutrition, and Cancer."

We are confronted with overwhelming, and often confusing information about how diet influences cancer risks and outcomes. This talk will address the latest evidence based findings on diet and nutrition to help you lower your cancer risk and/or feed a loved one dealing with cancer. Please see the attached flyer for additional details.

4. FRISCO Day - May 5

On Friday, May 5, 2017, we will host FRISCO Day for San Francisco Unified High School District seniors interested in attending City College of San Francisco. During the day, students are able to attend workshops, connect with CCSF students, staff, faculty, and administrators, and register for summer and fall classes at CCSF. We hope that you can join us as a volunteer or to staff a table at our resource fair.

For more information, contact Alex Guiriba, Associate Dean of Outreach, at: aguiriba@ccsf.edu.

Ledesma.pdf

17.4.4BayviewHP.pdf

FriscoDay2017.jpg