Policies and Resources for the College Community RegardingTransgender Students

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: Policies and Resources for the College Community RegardingTransgender Students
From: Susan Lamb <slamb@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:56:38 +0000

Dear College Community,

Yesterday the Trump Administration announced it would rescind federal guidance recommending equal treatment of transgender students in public schools under Title IX.  I would like to remind the entire campus community that unlawful discrimination of any kind including gender or transgender identity is not tolerated at City College of San Francisco.  Our college remains committed to diversity, civility, inclusivity, and creating a working and learning environment where all employees and students are supported in reaching their full potential.

As many of you know, we protect and support our transgender population in the following ways:

We sent a similar message with the above policies and resources to our students today.

As always, I remain open to ideas and suggestions on how we maintain a campus community that remains supportive of all students and employees.  If you have any further ideas or suggestions, please do not hesitate to share them with me.

Sincerely,

Susan

Susan E. Lamb
Interim Chancellor
slamb@ccsf.edu
(415) 239-3303

City College of San Francisco
Open, Accredited, and Serving the Community
Ocean Campus
50 Phelan Avenue, E200
San Francisco, CA 94112