Phishing - please delete email with the subject: UPDATE PORTAL

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: Phishing - please delete email with the subject: UPDATE PORTAL
From: Jay Field <jfield@ccsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 16:49:17 +0000

Hi All,

Pretty classic.

Strange email address that sent the email.

Link points to something other than what you would expect if it really was ADP.

CCSF doesn’t use ADP and we have never asked you to interface with them previously.

We have said we will not send links, but will send directions.

Thank you to everyone who let me know this was floating around.  Again, we block many, many of these but it is just not possible to get them all.

For some good information, visit the Stay Safe Online web site. (StaySafeOnline dot org) There are many good tips on avoiding cyber-crime and keeping yourself safe and secure.

My thanks to everyone for staying alert.

Jay

--

Jay Field

CTO, City College of San Francisco