Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE)

To: "CCSF@cloud.ccsf.edu" <CCSF@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE)
From: CCSF Office of Research <research@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:21:53 +0000

Dear College Community,

This spring, CCSF is continuing our participation in the Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE), which will be administered in a random sample of classrooms across the institution.  The survey provides valuable information about our students.  City College last participated in CCSSE during Spring 2014.  Previous CCSSE results are available at ccsf.edu/ccsse.

Research shows that the more actively engaged students are — with college faculty and staff, with other students, and with the subject matter being learned — the more likely they are to persist in their college studies and to achieve at higher levels.  Identifying what our students do in and out of the classroom, knowing their goals, and understanding their external responsibilities can help us create an environment that can enhance student learning, student development, course completion rates, and retention.  Ultimately this helps us better assist our students in reaching their goals.

To ensure a representative sample and to preserve the integrity of the survey results, CCSSE has drawn a random sample of class sections for us.  In total, 93 class sections are included in the random sample.  Survey administration is scheduled for the week of March 20 – 24.  Instructors whose classes are selected for survey administration will be contacted by the Research & Planning Office soon.  We are certain the detailed information gleaned from the survey results will be well worth the valuable time and effort to gather this important information from our students.

We appreciate your cooperation and participation in this exciting initiative!

To learn more about CCSSE visit www.ccsse.org, or contact us at research@ccsf.edu.

Pam Mery

Dean of Institutional Effectiveness

Office of Research & Planning