Facilities Notice: update on Ocean Campus gas line repairs

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: Facilities Notice: update on Ocean Campus gas line repairs
From: Linda Da Silva <ldasilva@ccsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 16:46:21 +0000

Good morning,

Crews worked in the rain late last week and then over the entire weekend to make progress on the gas line repairs at the southwest area of the Ocean Campus. The trenching work was completed over the weekend and replacement piping is being installed. There are open trenches, active construction and heavy equipment in the area. Pedestrian and vehicular traffic is being controlled or prohibited as needed to ensure safety for all.

I anticipate cooking gas restored to Culinary in Smith Hall early this week, and heat back to affected buildings this week as well. Stay abreast of the latest developments as posted on the Buildings & Grounds Outages page.

In a separate email, I've shared a drone video of the open trenches. Fun fact: one of the construction workers weighed his clothes upon getting home after working in the rain last Thursday; the wet clothes weighed 52 pounds.

Continued appreciation to those without heated buildings, and to the instructors and students in the Culinary Program at Smith Hall who are demonstrating extraordinary patience and creativity while cooking without gas.

Linda da Silva

Associate Vice Chancellor, Facilities

City College of San Francisco

50 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112

ldasilva@ccsf.edu

p 415.239.3495

c 650.642.7143

www.ccsf.edu/facilities