Update: Free City College Program

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: Update: Free City College Program
From: Susan Lamb <slamb@ccsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 21:22:45 +0000

Dear CCSF Community,

City College of San Francisco is pleased to announce that the Mayor of San Francisco and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors have come to an agreement regarding the Free City College Program. The program is currently under review by the City College of San Francisco Board of Trustees for consideration at this Thursday’s Board Meeting.  As many of you are aware, our deadline for implementation for the Fall 2017 semester was January 15, 2017. We will be working very hard to try to implement the program for the Fall 2017 semester and will prioritize it above other projects.

The key components of the program include:

1. Free tuition, excluding ancillary student fees (i.e., Student Health Fee, Student Activity Fee, etc.), for all students who are California and San Francisco residents.

2. Grant funds to students receiving the Board of Governor (BOG) fee waiver.

We will keep you informed as Free City moves forward.

Sincerely,

Susan

Susan E. Lamb

Interim Chancellor

slamb@ccsf.edu

(415) 239-3303

City College of San Francisco

Open, Accredited, and Serving the Community

Ocean Campus

50 Phelan Avenue E200

San Francisco, CA 94112