CityNotes for Friday, January 6, 2017

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, January 6, 2017
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 00:22:52 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. New Skills for the New Year at CCSF Mission Campus

2. Library Reading: No Shadow Without Light: Writers Respond to Trump - January 18

1. New Skills for the New Year at CCSF Mission Campus

From Kate Ryan, Career Counselor (kryan@ccsf.edu):

Wishing you a very happy holiday and New Year! Attached is a list of programs and classes at the City College Mission campus. During the first two weeks of January, the admissions office is open during the following hours:

Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 8am - 7:30pm

Mondays & Thursdays, 8am - 5pm

Fridays & Saturdays, 8am - 1pm

So, come on down and register for our free classes starting on Tuesday, January 17. Please note that the college will be closed on January 16th.

If you are interested in taking credit classes, please go to www.ccsf.edu and click on "5 easy steps to becoming a student."

Please contact me at kryan@ccsf.edu or 415.920.6010 if you have any questions.

2. Library Reading: No Shadow Without Light: Writers Respond to Trump - January 18

Wednesday, January 18, 6:00 - 8:00pm
San Francisco Public Library
Koret Auditorium
Main Library
100 Larkin Street

“I believe in the resistance as I believe there can be no shadow unless there is also light.”                        —Margaret Atwood

As with the rest of the Bay Area, Litquake has been festering over the unexpected election of Donald Trump. Do we publish a manifesto? Or curl up in the fetal position? Yes, times are dark indeed, but it’s incumbent on the creative class to stand tall and contribute. And so we present some diverse and electric voices who speak to our nation’s fear, anger, and perhaps even optimism. In the words of Toni Morrison, "This is precisely the time when artists go to work. There is no time for despair, no place for self-pity, no need for silence, no room for fear. We speak, we write, we do language. That is how civilizations heal.” Come and join the chorus!

Please visit the website for additional information.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

JOB TRAINING at Mission%2c Spring 2017%2c Dec 15.pdf