CityNotes for Wednesday, September 21, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Wednesday, September 21, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 00:08:48 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Solo Exhibition of Spring 2016 Cherkis Scholarship Recipient – Joseph Johnston

2. Spaces Available in PH52: Photographers and Their Images

3. September 22 Meeting of Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee: Presentation of Annual Report
4. Student Equity Website News

5. Join the CCSF Dragon Boat Club

1. Solo Exhibition of Spring 2016 Cherkis Scholarship Recipient – Joseph Johnston

Solo Exhibition of Spring 2016 Cherkis Scholarship Recipient – Joseph Johnston

Struggling with Addictions
On display at Gallery Obscura
September 12th – October 15th, 2016
Gallery Reception September 22nd, 4-7pm

"There is no one I can talk to about Francisco…not my sisters or my old friends (they want nothing to do with him and no longer visit us), not our neighbors, nor the people I work with. Francisco is an alcoholic and drug addict. We no longer invite people over to our house because we don’t know what state he will be in.  Our lives would be easier if Francisco was living somewhere else, but pushing him out would mean he would join the ranks of troubled homeless people. This is the story of his/our struggle." - Joseph Johnston

2. Spaces Available in PH52: Photographers and Their Images

From Erika Gentry, Chair of the Photography Department:
https://ccsfphoto.wordpress.com/2016/08/14/ph52-fall-2016-lecture-series-photographers-and-their-images-announced/

The Fall 2016 line up for “PH52: Photographers and Their Images”  featuring professional photographers who come to lecture and show their work at City College of San Francisco (CCSF) Monday nights throughout the year has been announced. Be sure to register for this one unit course to secure your seat. This series of lectures is available to be taken for one college credit and there are no pre-requisites. Lectures this semester are free and open to the public as indicated as part of CCSF’s Concert and Lecture Series, otherwise all others require registration. Register online now or stop by the photography issue room (160) to pick up an add code week. If you would like to repeat the course, you can do so as a continuing education student, show up to the first class. The fee is $105.  The public is also invited but a donation to CCSF’s Photo Department to help support this series is appreciated.  REGISTER HERE

PH52-501 “Photographers and Their Images”, (1) CRN 71101  (transfers CSU)
Watch streaming presentations from previous artists here.

Please see the attached for the dates and description of each lecture in the series.

3. September 22 Meeting of Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee: Presentation of Annual Report

The Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Chair invites San Francisco citizens and interested parties to the special Bond Oversight meeting for the approval of the Annual Report to the Community. This year's annual report re-establishes the functioning body after years of absence and presents the first report to the community. This meeting of the CBOC is specifically concerned with the building and lack of facilities funded for construction [at City College of San Francisco].

Please attend with your questions and concerns. This meeting is free and open to the public.

Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee for City College of San Francisco General Obligation Bonds.
The next meeting is Thursday September 22, 2016 from 9:30 - 11:30am, at the College District Office at 33 Gough Street.

This is the meeting Agenda:

 *   June 16, 2016 Meeting Minutes DRAFT
 *   CCSF CBOC 2014-15 Annual Report
 *   CBOC Bylaws

4. Student Equity Website News

The Student Equity team has updated their website to help keep everyone informed about what we're working on. You'll now find the following pages:

• Events happening on campus and around the state
• Information about how to apply for professional development funds
• Equity educational resources
• Relevant articles

The team wants to keep the web site updated with information from the CCSF community. If you have equity events that you'd like to promote or any resources or articles to add to our pages, please send them to Beth Cataldo at bcataldo@ccsf.edu.

5. Join the CCSF Dragon Boat Club

Join the CCSF Dragon Boat Club.  No experience necessary.  All CCSF students invited.  We are especially interested in getting more female participants. Please see the attached flyer for additional details.

Our next race is at Nov. 13, 2016 for the CDBA College Cup Championship.

Practice time:
SUNDAY: 8:30am - 10:30am at Lake Merced: 1 Harding Rd SF. CA 94132
(We meet by the Boat Dock)

Contact: ccsfdb@gmail.com
We are on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCSFdragonboat

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

PH52 - Photographers and their Images.docx

DragonBoat Tearable Flyer11.pdf