CityNotes for Friday, August 5

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, August 5
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 19:42:29 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Flex Day - August 11

2. Welcome Day - August 9

1. Flex Day - August 11

You are cordially invited to attend ourAll College Flex DayonThursday, August 11th.The theme is “Sustaining the Transformation Moving Forward.”

During this event, we will be offeringfourworkshops that focus onmovingour College towards the path of success. These concurrent workshops below will be offered from 10:45 am – 12:15 pm, and repeated again from 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm.

v Who, How, and When:  Roles, Responsibilities, and Processes at City College

v CCSF Facilities Master Plan – Progress Report

v Equal Access to Success Emergency (EASE) Task Force – Progress Report

v Enrollment Growth and Management

Here is the general Flex Day schedule to help you plan your day:

TIME

CRN

TITLE

LOCATION

7:30 – 10:30 am

Breakfast (provided)

Visual Arts Plaza

8:00 – 9:00 am

300

Academic Senate Plenary Session

Diego Rivera Theatre

301

Administrators’ Association Meeting

Arts 133

302

Classified Senate Plenary

Visual Arts 114

9:15 – 10:30 am

303

All College Flex Day Chancellor’s Address

(with Closed Captioning)

Diego Rivera Theatre

& Overflow Rooms in

Visual Arts 114 & 115

10:45 am - Various

Various

Department Meetings

TBA

10:45 am - 12:15 pm

TBA

Four Concurrent Workshops

Various - TBA

12:15 – 1:15 pm

Lunch Break (Provided)

Smith Hall Cafeteria

1:30 – 3:00 pm

TBA

Repeat of Four Concurrent Workshops

Various - TBA

3:15 – 4:45 pm

TBA

Town Hall Q & A

Diego Rivera Theatre

TBA

400

AFT 2121 Union Meeting

TBA

2:00 – 4:00 pm

401

SEIU Local Union 1021 Union Meeting

Conlan Hall 101

TBA

402

Part-Time Faculty Meeting

TBA

6:00 – 8:00 pm

TBA

Evening Session

Multi-Use Building 140

The Breakfast Truck will be located in the Visual Arts Plaza from 7:30 - 10:45 am.

Lunch will be provided on a “first come, first served” basis in the Smith Hall Cafeteria from 12:15 – 1:15 pm.

During the Town Hall Q & A session at 3:15 pm in the Diego Rivera Theatre, our Chancellor and Vice Chancellors will be taking questions from the campus community and engaging in conversations to strengthen our College together.

A condensed version of the day will be offered during the evening session in MUB 140 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm. We encourage adjunct faculty and those who are not able to attend during the day to participate, if schedule permits. Boxed dinner will be provided.

The link to the official Flex Program will be available soon. Please keep checkingwww.ccsf.edu/prodevfor updates.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

The CCSF Office of Professional Development

(415) 241-2319

www.ccsf.edu/prodev

2. Welcome Day - August 9

From Alex Guiriba:

I hope you are enjoying your summer. On Tuesday, August 9, we are piloting a Welcome Day before classes start for recent SFUSD graduates starting their first semester at CCSF from noon to 2pm. The event will take place at City Café in the Student Union. If you are interested in having a table for your department at the resource fair from 12:30-1:30pm, please let me know by Thursday, August 4. A postcard is attached with more details about the event.

Please don't hesitate to contact me at aguiriba@ccsf.edu if you have any questions. Thank you for your consideration and see you on campus soon!

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!