CityNotes for Friday, July 29, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, July 29, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 17:08:55 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Please Welcome New Student Equity Coordinators
2. NEW DATE for Mission Center Information Session: August 16
3. CCSF Bookstore Hours
4. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Release Party
5. Please Welcome New Dean of Administrative Services and Vice Chancellor for Facilities/Buildings and Grounds Department
6. REMINDER: BART Weekend Closure Coming July 30 and 31

1. Please Welcome New Student Equity Coordinators

From Dr. Laura G. Lara-Brady, Associate Dean of Student Equity:

Please help me welcome the two newest team members to the Office of Student Equity: Neela Chatterjee and Beth Cataldo. Neela is joining the team as the Student Equity Coordinator and Beth will be leading the Student Equity Professional Development side of the house. Their help is going to be essential in carrying out the Student Equity Plan and in helping to level the academic field for all students. Make sure to reach out to them for any Student Equity related question and to see how YOU can be involved with these college-wide efforts. Please join me in congratulating them and assisting with this work!

2. NEW DATE for Mission Center Information Session: August 16

Due to a scheduling conflict, the new date for the Mission Center Information Session will be August 16. This is a chance to learn more about the classes, programs and services offered by the Mission Center.

WHEN: Tuesday, August 16, 9:00am - 2:00pm

Classes start August 15, but credit classes may be added through September 2 and dropped through September 8.

3. CCSF Bookstore Hours

Please see the attached flyer for new summer hours beginning August 1.

4. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Release Party

Join us as we celebrate the release of the new Harry Potter and you could win! One lucky muggle will win 2 tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood to visit the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Monday, August 1st 9am to 12pm
Serving Butterbeer & Honeydukes Treats

See attached flyer and visit our event page for more details.

5. Please Welcome New Dean of Administrative Services and Vice Chancellor for Facilities/Buildings and Grounds Department

On behalf of City College of San Francisco, we welcome Kathy Hennig and Linda da Silva! Kathy will be taking the position as our new Dean of Administrative Services. She comes to us from University of California, San Francisco where she served as the Acting Director of Procurement and Purchasing Manager. Prior to serving this role, Kathy worked with City College of San Francisco for 19 + years which gave her the opportunity to work with the college community and implement procurement policies & procedures to best use limited resources. She has extensive background and knowledge in public and private sectors in procurement and finance administration, and looks forward to continue her growth with us.

Linda da Silva will be in our facilities department, taking the position as our Vice Chancellor of Facilities/ Buildings & Grounds. Linda comes to us from East Side Union High School District in San Jose where she served as the Director of Construction, Maintenance & Facilities for 4 years. Prior to serving this role, Linda was the Director of Facilities Maintenance & Operations at San Mateo County Community College District for 6 years, followed by a 6 year appointment as the Executive Director of Construction Planning. She is an accomplished executive leader with a record of success in creating a culture of excellence, pride and joy in the development and operation of exceptional education facilities.

We hope that you enjoy your time working with us. Welcome to City College of San Francisco!

6. REMINDER: BART Weekend Closure Coming July 30 and 31

On multiple weekends from the end of July through October, trains will not run between the Daly City and Glen Park BART stations. BART must perform critical track safety repairs and upgrades which will reduce track noise and also make improvements at the Balboa Park Station.

The first weekend closure is this coming Saturday, July 30 and Sunday, July 31. Please see the attached flyer for additional information and closure dates.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Mission Center Orientation Fall 2016_08.16.16.pdf

Summer Break 2016 Store Hours_DRAFT.pdf

CCSF Bookstores_HarryPotterRelease.pdf

BART Closure Dates.pdf

BART Closure Map.pdf