CityNotes for Tuesday, May 17, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Tuesday, May 17, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 21:08:39 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Mission Center Recruitment Event - May 17 (TODAY) and May 25
2. Farewell Reception Honoring Dr. Minh Hoa Ta - May 18
3. Each One Teach One Appreciation Dinner - May 18
4. 16th Annual City Shorts Student Film Festival - May 19
5. Food Service Closure Dates
6. 15th Annual Student Fashion Show, PRISM - May 22
7. Response needed from Faculty with materials on reserve at any CCSF Library
8. A Thank You from the Faculty Association and Friends

1. Mission Center Recruitment Event - May 17 (TODAY) and May 25

Come to the Mission Center campus to meet with recruiters regarding part- and full-time job opportunities, and to learn more about the classes CCSF is offering this summer. Please see the attached flyer for details.

2. Farewell Reception Honoring Dr. Minh Hoa Ta - May 18

From Eva Cheng, CCSF Asian Coalition Dinner Co-Chair:

Please join us in honoring Dr. Minh Hoa Ta as she has taken the Vice President of Student Services position at Ohlone College. Please see the enclosed flyer for details.

Dr. Ta transitioned to her new job May 2, 2016 after effectively serving the community, students, faculty and staff at City College of San Francisco for 26 years. She will definitely be missed.

Hope to see you on Wednesday, May 18, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm on the fourth floor of the Chinatown North-Beach Center Annex.

It will be a collegial event to thank her for her great accomplishments at CCSF and congratulate her in her career move.

Please RSVP by May 12 to echeng@ccsf.edu.

3. Each One Teach One Appreciation Dinner - May 18

May 18
4:00pm - 6:00pm
Student Lounge

We are hosting an Each One Teach One appreciation dinner from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm in the student lounge on Wednesday, May 18. All are welcome. Please contact kinneret.israel@ccsf.edu for additional information.

4. EVENT: 16th Annual City Shorts Student Film Festival -  May 19

Tuesday, May 19
Reception at 6:00pm
Festival at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
Diego Rivera Theater

The students, faculty and staff of the Cinema Department at City College of San Francisco announce the 16th Annual City Shorts Student Film Festival.

City Shorts stands out as one of most unique film festivals in the Bay Area. The festival is programmed, designed and executed by students enrolled in the Film Exhibition class and brings in a standing room only audience to the college’s 200 seat historic Diego Rivera Theater.

Experience the spirit of truly independent filmmaking. The City College of San Francisco’s Cinema Department nurtures talented filmmakers from the ground up, with a curriculum that rigorously covers theory to advanced cinematography, directing, editing, sound design and VFX.

The culmination of CINE 40 (a hands on film exhibition class) is clearly displayed as the students organize everything from the call for entries and creation of festival poster and collateral materials, prescreen and help select the best of the works submitted to this highly competitive competition, run tech, prepare show reels, fundraise and plan the event. Students are supported in their efforts by noted members of the local film community, who come in to help jury the finalists.

We are pleased to announce this years jurors include City College Cinema Department faculty Mike Shannon, John Carlson and Anna Geyer in collaboration with film community luminaries Jesse Hawthorne Ficks (Organizer/host of Midnites for Maniacs and film critic) and Lu Ramirez (Cine+Mas SF Founder).

5. Food Service Closure Dates

The last day of food service for the Cafeteria and the Chef's Table will be Monday, May 16. The last day of food service for the Educated Palate will be Wednesday, May 18.

6. 15th Annual Student Fashion Show, PRISM - May 22

The Fashion Department is pleased to invite you to PRISM, our fifteenth annual student produced fashion show to be held on Sunday, May 22nd at Ruby Skye located at 420 Mason Street in downtown San Francisco.

Doors will open at 5:00 where there will be food, drink and exciting raffle packages. Tickets are available online at brownpapertickets.com  and at CCSF Ocean, Downtown and Mission campus bookstores. Prices are $15 for students with ID, $20 for the general public, and $30 for our VIP experience which includes special seating, a gift bag, and two raffle tickets. All proceeds will benefit the CCSF Fashion Department.

Please see the attached media kit for additional information.

7. Response needed from Faculty with materials on reserve at any CCSF Library

Please contact the Circulation Department staff members listed below concerning the status of your reserve materials for the Fall 2016 and Spring 2017 semesters. To review which items you currently have on reserve, please search CityCat, www.ccsf.edu/Library, using the search option RESERVES by Instructor.

If we do not hear from you by Friday, May 27, 2016, we will withdraw your items from the Reserve collection. All withdrawn materials must be picked up by September 30, 2016. Items not picked up will be treated as gifts.

If you have new materials to be placed on Reserve, please bring them in at your earliest convenience. Complete the online COURSE RESERVE MATERIALS REQUEST FORM found below for each course. Items brought in before the semester begins will have top priority.

Thank you for your assistance.

CONTACTS: Library/Contact/Phone/Email

Rosenberg Library
Anna Nguyen: 452-5433
 libcirc@ccsf.edu
Shirley Lee: 452-5433 libcirc@ccsf.edu

Downtown
Gail Ruhland: 267-6505 gruhland@ccsf.edu
Lily Ma:
267-6513 lma@ccsf.edu

John Adams
Angie Webster: 561-1946
awebster@ccsf.edu
Maria Pineto: 561-1946
mpineto@ccsf.edu

Southeast
Alice Sai: 550-4353
asai@ccsf.edu

Evan
Alice Sai: 550-4426 asai@ccsf.edu

Statler
Anitra Toliver: 239-3910 Atoliver@ccsf.edu

Mission
Debra Duhon: 920-6139 dduhon@ccsf.edu
Patrick Maes: 920-6142 pmaes@ccsf.edu

Chinatown
Mary Marsh: 395-8643 mmarsh@ccsf.edu
Wilson Yee: 395-8643 wyee@ccsf.edu

8. A Thank You from the Faculty Association and Friends

From Trinh TranPresident, Faculty Association & Friends:

The Faculty Association & Friends would like to send a heartfelt thank you to everyone who attended the End-of-the-Year Celebration and Retirement Party on May 5 at The Chef's Table. It was a huge success. We had a record number of retirees in attendance, and the event was both lively and invigorating. We had the opportunity to honor our retiring staff members, faculty members, and administrators. The honorees walked a red "carpet" to be lauded for their hard work and commitment to the students and the college and received commendations and thank you gifts from the Chancellor’s Office and the Faculty Association.

Thanks to the CAHS staff and students, this was a colorful party with marvelous food. The theme was "Fiesta" and the room was adorned with flowers, thanks to Steven Brown and the Floristry Department. We’d also like to thank the Chancellor's Office for the support, Dana Jae Labrecque for the inspiring music, and Justin Schlesinger for the amazing photos. The images are now available at http://justinschlesinger.shootproof.com/gallery/ccsf/. To view or download, please enter your CCSF email account. The password is cinco.

We would like to send a HUGE thank you to our esteemed retirees! You inspire us every day. For those retirees who could not attend the event, we would like to get the awards to you. Please contact Trinh Tran (tttran@ccsf.edu) or Simon Hanson (eshanson@ccsf.edu) to arrange for the award pick up (which will be available from 5/17 - 5/27 and from 6/13 - 7/1 in the Biology Department, Science Building room 304).

It was a fun event, and we hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we did putting it together.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Flyer-Jobs available- May 2016.pdf

PRISM_MEDIA_KIT.pdf

minhao event.pdf

2016 CCSF City Shorts Poster.png