CityNotes for Friday, April 22, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, April 22, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 23:20:00 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. Teach-in: Who's Doing What to Stop Gentrification?
2. Flint's Toxic Water Crisis: Devastating Results of a State Takeover
3. "Rites of Passage" Fundraiser
4. "Chicago" the Musical - All Weekend!
5. End of Year Celebration, May 5
6. CAHS Food Service Closures
7. Students Needed: Discussion Groups Regarding the CCSF Student Experience
8. Celebrate the Release of the 7th WSP Anthology

1. Teach-in: Who’s Doing What to Stop Gentrification?

Saturday, April 30; 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
CCSF Mission Campus
Room 106, 1125 Valencia, near 22nd Street
  • Yolanda Lopez on Los Siete and fight back history: 11:00 am - 11:50 am
  • No-host lunch: 11:50 am - 12:30 pm
  • Panel of community housing activists, faculty, and students: 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
  • Future organizing dialogue: 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
While you are there, visit the linked exhibition: “Race and Place: Architectures of Segregation and Liberation”

Main Lobby
March 14 - June 30, 2016

For more information, contact Leslie Simon at 415.920.6023 or lsimon@ccsf.edu.
Read more about Groundswell at http://www.ccsf.edu/groundswell.

2. Flint’s toxic water crisis: Devastating results of a state takeover

Join the discussion on how to stop the Michigan Model of Toxic Neglect as it threatens to crush democracy in the Bay Area and elsewhere.

Wed. May 4th from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Multi-Use Building, Room 140
Ocean Campus City College, 50 Phelan Ave

Sponsored by: Save City College Coalition; African American Studies; AFT 2121; Black Student Union;
the Diversity Collaborative; LGBT Studies Department; Mechxa de CCSF; the Solidarity Committee

3. "Rites of Passage" Fundraiser

The African American Scholastic Programs is fundraising for the “Rites of Passage” ceremony for graduating students. Our t-shirts come in black and red with different sizes to choose from. Please print out the attached ordering form to place your order today!

Please make checks out to the “African American Scholastic Programs”. We accept cash donations as well.

The last day to purchase is May 6, 2016. If you have questions please contact: Dr. Kim Wise 415.452.5315 Or Mr. Edward Tang 415.452.5953.

4. "Chicago" the Musical: all weekend!

Friday & Saturday, April 22nd & 23rd
8:00pm

Sunday, April 24th
2:00pm Matinee

Ocean Campus, Diego Rivera Theatre

CCSF Theatre and Music departments present the smash hit musical, “CHICAGO”. Tickets: General Admission $15; Students, Seniors, Staff, TBA Members $10 at the gate or via http://ccsfchicago.brownpapertickets.com.

Performances: Friday, April 22nd, 8:00 pm; Saturday, April 23rd, 8:00 pm; and Sunday, April 24th, 2:00 pm; Ocean Campus, Diego Rivera Theatre.

5. End of Year Celebration, May 5