CityNotes for Friday, March 25, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, March 25, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 22:54:01 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. CCSF Asian Coalition Scholarship Dinner - May 6
2. City College Journalism Successes and Awards
3. 24/7, Consult a Librarian!

1. CCSF Asian Coalition Scholarship Dinner - May 6

Each year, the CCSF Asian Coalition hosts a huge Scholarship Dinner to celebrate student scholarship winners, honor the most valuable faculty and employee, congratulate retirees and share great friendship over a gourmet banquet. The Dinner will be on Friday, May 6, 2016, at the King Wah Seafood Restaurant at the Westlake Shopping Center in Daly City. We hope you can all join us at this festival event.

Friday, May 6
5:30 pm
King Wah Seafood Restaurant
209 Southgate Ave
Daly City, CA

Please see the attached flyer for additional details.

2. City College Journalism Department Successes and Awards

2016 has been an incredible year for the CCSF Journalism Department. Dozens of students received awards from the California College Media Association (CCMA) and the Journalism Association of Community College (JACC) in categories such as journalism, editing, design, and advertising. Students Alysia Thompson and Matthew Patton are finalists in the 2016 MAGGIE awards for student publishing, and student Calindra Revier was chosen for a New American Media environmental reporting fellowship.

For a full list of award recipients and nominees, please see the attached.

3. 24/7, Consult a Librarian!

The CCSF Library has an exciting new service to offer our students, faculty, and staff. Librarian assistance is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Just start chatting with us in the chat box found on our Library Homepage:

http://www.ccsf.edu/en/library.html

You can even get assistance during our breaks including Spring/Summer/Winter breaks, intersession, and holidays.

Need to find an article or book for a paper? We can help!

Not sure if your citation is formatted correctly? We can help!

Looking for a group study area? We can help!

Librarians love connecting you to the information you need so don’t hesitate to reach out to us via chat, call us on the phone, or visit us in person in any of the campus libraries.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

2016 AC Dinner Flyer (With Red Seal) (1).pdf

Journalism Award Recipients.pdf