CityNotes for Friday, February 19, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, February 19, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 22:19:09 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

1. TODAY! Faculty Association and Friends Happy Hour

2. Free Six-Week Yoga Practice
3. Film Screening and Discussion: Shirin Neshat's "Women Without Men"
4. Faculty: Time for Nominations for Academic Senate Executive Council
5.
African American Scholastic Programs Fundraiser

1. TODAY! Faculty Association and Friends Happy Hour

Help us put the "happy" in happy hour! Join the Faculty Association and Friends for our first of many happy hours at Randy's Place, 1101 Ocean Ave today, February 19, at 3:00pm. All are welcome! Festivities start at 3pm and will continue well into the evening, so please join us when you can. Light refreshments will be provided.

2. Free Six-Week Yoga Practice

>From Crima Pogge, biology professor:

My New YearÂ’s intention was to not let stress get the better of me, and now it is February, and I am stressed. Is it just part of our profession as Peter Greene suggests on HuffEducation? Maybe. What to do?

I am bringing my two favorite anti-stressors together: yoga and community. Besides teaching biology here at CCSF, I am a certified Hatha yoga instructor focusing on safe and accessible yoga for everybody.

Beginning Wednesday, March 2, please join me for a free six week yoga practice that will be held Wednesday mornings from 7:00 - 7:50am in Wellness room 310.

3. Film Screening and Discussion: Shirin Neshat's "Women Without Men"

Join IDST31 "Women in the Middle East" for an orientation to the Critical Middle East Studies Program, as well as a film screening and discussion of Shirin Neshat's "Women Without Men," a poetic and visually stunning film about the 1953 Iranian coup.

Monday, February 22 at 11:40am - 12:55pm: Film Screening and Orientation in Rosenberg Library Room 304

Wednesday, February 24 at 11:40am - 12:55pm: Film Screening and Orientation in Rosenberg Library Room 304

4. Faculty: Time for Nominations for Academic Senate Executive Council

From 2016 Academic Senate Election Commissioners James Armstrong (jarmstro@ccsf.edu, 415-452-5397) and Karen Saginor (ksaginor@ccsf.edu, 415-452-5571):

Faculty! Please consider running for the Academic Senate Executive Council. The Executive Council is the body that oversees all Academic Senate activities, including faculty participation in college governance, and represents the CCSF faculty in matters ranging from accreditation to art preservation. Whatever your area of expertise or interest might be, it is needed and appreciated on the Executive Council! If you are not available yourself, please encourage a colleague to do so. There are 16 openings on the council for this election, and all CCSF faculty members (including part-time, noncredit, and non-instructional faculty) are eligible to run for seats and to nominate candidates.

To run for Executive Council, you need to be nominated by three other faculty members. Fill out the Petition for Nomination, have it signed by the three nominating faculty members, and submit it to the Academic Senate Office, Conlan Hall room E-202 (Ocean campus mailbox E202). We also strongly encourage each candidate to submit a candidate statement, which can be up to 200 words (longer statements will be truncated). Candidate statements must be submitted electronically as MS Word files and should be emailed to senelect@ccsf.edu.  Petitions for Nomination and candidate statements must be received by 1:00 PM on Friday, March 11, 2016.

Election information and nomination forms are available on the Academic Senate website or by clicking the links below. Questions may be directed to individual election commissioners or emailed to senelect@ccsf.edu.

2016 ELECTION LINKS

Petition for Nomination

http://www.ccsf.edu/dam/ccsf/images/academic_senate/AS_Docs/Elections/nominating_petition_s16.pdf

Executive Council and Election Information
http://www.ccsf.edu/dam/ccsf/images/academic_senate/AS_Docs/Elections/election_info_s16.pdf

Election Schedule
http://www.ccsf.edu/dam/ccsf/images/academic_senate/AS_Docs/Elections/ElectionsSchedule_2016.pdf

Elections page
http://www.ccsf.edu/en/about-city-college/participatory_governance/academic-senate/Elections.html

5. African American Scholastic Programs Fundraiser

Support the CCSF African American Scholastic Programs office as they sell Sees Candy to raise money for their scholarship program and their Historically Black College and University event later this year. To make a purchase, please fill out the attached order form. If you have any questions, please contact the program office at 415-452-5315.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

IDST31 event film S16 (3).pdf

Sees Candies Fundraiser SP16.pdf