CityNotes for Friday, January 29, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, January 29, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 21:55:00 +0000

Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to stay up-to-date on CCSF campus happenings, events, important safety information, and more!

As a reminder, CityNotes will now be distributed on Tuesday and Friday afternoons. To have your item appear in an issue, please e-mail your submission to citynotes@ccsf.edu by noon the day before its distribution.
Thank you!

1. Library and Learning Resources - Research Skills and Information Competency

2. Spring 2016 Student Employment Orientation Workshops

3. CCSF Business Cards - Spring 2016

1. Library and Learning Resources - Research Skills and Information Competency

Do your students know how to find reliable online sources of information for their assignments in your class, how to evaluate what they find, or how to use our databases to search specifically for academic journal articles?

If not, we can help through the following resources:

Online workshops. You can ask your students to complete any (or many) of seven different online workshops. Each student who successfully completes the follow-up exercise is given a reciept to provide you with proof of completion.

Subject Specific Workshops. Request an in-person session tailored to the information competency skills needed for your course assignments. In many cases, sessions can be provided in a hands-on computer lab, so that your students can try out as they learn.

Library tours. Get your students into our physical libraries to see what we have.

Research and Information Guides. Designed for your discipline, and in some cases for specific courses, we prepare "LibGuides" to steer your students to journal literature, streaming video, web resources, books and more.

Need something not listed above or would like more information? Contact the liaison librarian for your Center or your Department/Discipline.

2. Spring 2016 Student Employment Orientation Workshops

Happy Spring semester. As a pilot for this semester, the Student Employment Office and the Career Development Center are collaborating to provide a joint Student Employment Orientation workshop about on and off campus employment.

Please see the attached flyer with the scheduled dates and times that the workshop will be offered. Please contact Josephine Ubungen (jubungen@ccsf.edu) or Nanette S. Moafanua (nmoafanua@ccsf.edu) if you have any questions.

3. CCSF Business Cards - Spring 2016

The Visual Media Design Department is now accepting orders from City College employees for business cards. There is a $20.00 charge for 200 cards to cover the cost of materials consumed. Please use the application form (see attached PDF) and send it with payment to Box V49.

Orders are due by Thursday, February 11 and will be returned to you via campus mail during the week of Monday, March 14.

Please note that these business cards are produced entirely by the students in VMD 200, Emerge Studio. This project is repeated at the beginning of each semester, and is meant to be a learning experience for our students.

If you have any further questions, contact Colin Hall at x3082 or chall@ccsf.edu.

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Student Employment Orientation Workshops (NanetteMoafanua).docx

CCSF Business Cards.pdf