CityNotes for Thursday, January 21, 2016

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Thursday, January 21, 2016
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 23:42:27 +0000

1. Scholarship Workshop

2. Textbooks at the CCSF Libraries

3. Content Management Systems Training

4. Single Stop Services

5. Ocean Campus Culinary Arts Food Service Opening Dates

1. Scholarship Workshop

Throughout the first half of February, the Scholarship Office is offering a number of workshops to CCSF students on how to apply for scholarships. These will take place on a number of CCSF campuses. For specific dates and locations, please see the attached flyer.

2. Textbooks at the CCSF Libraries

Thanks to a generous equity grant, the CCSF libraries will have many more textbooks available than in past semesters. We have ordered, and are in the process of receiving, multiple course reserve copies of often requested books with loan periods that range from two hours to seven days depending upon the title.

Library books are available to all CCSF students on a first come, first served basis. Their CCSF photo ID card allows them to check out library material.

Please let students know about this excellent new opportunity for obtaining text books, with the caveat that we don't have everything in stock yet! A copy of our pdf flyer is attached.

For more information about library support for teaching, please check out our Faculty Services offerings and/or reach out to the liaison librarian for your discipline.

3. Content Management Systems Training

Are you responsible for maintaining an area of the CCSF webpage? Does your department or program need a stronger presence online? Attend an upcoming CMS training. Click here or view the attached flyer for more information! Contact nsteele@ccsf.edu with questions.

4. Single Stop Services

Single Stop continues to offer students access to resources in our community! Through the Single Stop office, students can receive comprehensive screening and application assistance to connect them to critical benefits they may be eligible for, but not necessarily accessing, including: health care, food assistance programs (Food Stamps), PG&E discounts, and more.

Upcoming Events for Single Stop:

Financial Literacy: In partnership with the Financial Planning Association of the Bay Area, we are providing students 1-on-1 personal finance sessions on Tuesdays from 3:00 - 5:00pm at Single Stop, Ocean Campus. Students must sign up with Allie at afasth@ccsf.edu.

Access to Health Care: The Covered California deadline to enroll in health care is January 31st. Single Stop is hosting Covered California on campus next week. Contact Allie at afasth@ccsf.edu for more information about how you can enroll!

5. Ocean Campus Culinary Arts Food Service Opening Dates

Cafeteria: Tuesday, 1/26/2016

The Chef's table at the Pierre Coste Room: Wednesday, 1/27/2016. For reservations, contact Chris Johnson at 415.239.3438

Quick Service Outlet (currently “The Press”): Under re-construction; will not open this semester

Thank you for continuing to support our students and their wonderful culinary creations.

Scholarship Workshop.pdf

Library Textbooks.docx

CMS Trainings.pdf