CityNotes for Monday March 9th, 2015

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Monday March 9th, 2015
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 23:43:06 +0000

1. Exhibition of Student Work from the Weaving Classes at John Adams

2. 2015 Career Information Fair

3. The Spring Buffet!

4. Student Health Advisory Committee

5. Mayan/Mexika New Year

6. 10th Annual Intersecting Identities Conference

1. Exhibition of Student Work from the Weaving Classes at John Adams: The Fashion Department is pleased to announce an upcoming exhibition of student work from the weaving classes at John Adams. Displayed  at the John Adams Library the exhibit showcases tapestries and weavings by both beginning and advanced students. From the Loom: Tapestries and Weavings by John Adams Students will be on display from March 16 through May 8, 2015. There are two receptions -Monday, March 16, 12:30-1:30 and Friday, March 20, 11- 12 noon.

Please pass this info on to your students. Submitted by Deborah Corsini.

2. 2015 Career Information Fair: The Career Development Center will be hosting our annual 2015 Career Information Fair and offering Career workshops for this Spring semester.  Please see the attachment for more details. Submitted by Josephine Ubungen.

3. The Spring Buffet!:

CCSF's Culinary and Service Skills Training Program Presents:
THE 2015 EDUCATED PALATE SPRING BUFFET
When: March 24-26, 2015 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
  Doors open at 11:15 (last seating at 1:00)
Where: Educated Palate Restaurant (Downtown Campus-88 4th St.)
Cost: $24.95 (does not include tax or gratuity)
Our buffet sells out each year; seats fill up VERY QUICKLY.
For reservations, contact Chris Johnson: via email: cjohnson@ccsf.edu or (415) 267-6599
(Please put "Dtn Campus Buffet Reservation" in the subject line. All reserved spaces will be confirmed.)
When leaving your reservation request, please provide ALL of the following information:
1) your first & last name
2) a daytime phone #
3) the number of people in your party (small parties may be seated at our "family table")
4) your preferred day/date
5) your preferred time slot (seatings begin at 11:15; last seating at 1:00).
This event is a wonderful stage for our students to display all that they've learned throughout the semester. Take this opportunity to support our students and the college while enjoying a truly "delicious" experience. Join us and discover why we like to say, "Learning Never Tasted So Good"!
See you there!
4. Student Health Advisory Committee:
Student Health Advisory Committee!
Open Meeting on March 17, 2015

3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Student Health Services HC 100
What Is SHAC? SHAC is a network of CCSF students,  employees and community members who provide input and feedback directly to Student Health Services concerning health care issues affecting the student body. Questions? Contact Student Health Services at 415--239--3110 Becky Perelli, RN, MS Director of Student Health Services. Please see the attachment for more details! Submitted by Katherine Gelardi.
5. Mayan/Mexika New Year: Please join us to celebrate the Mayan/Mexika New year and the Proclamation by the City and County of San Francisco.

Wednesday, March 12, 2015

CCSF -Mission center

10:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Please see the attached flyer. Submitted by Jorge Bell.

6. 10th Annual Intersecting Identities ConferenceYou and your colleagues, students, friends, family are all invited to our 10th Annual Intersecting Identities Conference whose theme is Women Overcoming Sexism and more in Science and Technology by G.E.E.K.S. Grrrls Everywhere Empowered by Knowing S**T! We define S**T as mother earth's wisdom and knowledge.

The purpose of this annual conference and gathering is to stop bullying interpersonally, community and institution (including college campuses) wide, as well as systemic laws and policies.

Please announce in your classes, Assign them to attend/volunteer for extra credit.

Please contact Jackie Arrieta-Peixoto at 415 239 3112 WRC for more information or Shaema Bendeks at shaema.bendeks@gmail.com.

___

Submitting to CityNotes: CityNotes is for everyone! Send a brief paragraph in the body of an email, along with any attachments, at least 5 days before your event to jhamilton@ccsf.edu and adewolk@kamergroup.com. Thanks!

SHAC Flyer.JPG

Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 1.50.37 PM.png

Weaving Exhibit Flyer 5.pdf

SPRING 2015 CAREER WORKSHOPS UPDATED.docx