CityNotes for Thursday December 11th, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Thursday December 11th, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 22:23:52 +0000

1. Campus Open Tomorrow

2. CCSF Football in State Finals

3. Free Music Show

4. Flex Day

1. Campus Open Tomorrow: City College of San Francisco will be open Friday, December 12th for all scheduled classes, events and activities.  Finals will take place as scheduled.  There may be some minor facilities disruptions in specific buildings and we are working to resolve any and all issues quickly.  Thank you for your cooperation, and we remind our students, faculty, staff and the general public to stay safe.

2. CCSF Football in State Finals: This Saturday, December 12th at 1pm, CCSF Football will be playing in the California State Finals away at Mt. San Antonio College in LA. It's the biggest game of the season between the two best teams in California--root us on and show your support on Twitter and Facebook by mentioning @ccsfathletics​! You can watch the live stream or audio broadcast of the game here.​ Submitted by Marcus Tolero.

3. Free Music Show: Friday, Dec. 12th, 6-9pm, CCSF Creative Arts Building, Room A133. Labor chorus concert by students of Pat Wynne. Potluck at 6:30, Performance at 7pm. Please see attached handout for more information. Submitted by Esther Wong.

4. Flex Day: The Spring Professional Development Flex Day will be held on Friday, January 9, 2015 on the Ocean Campus.

A committee of representatives from Administration, the Academic Senate, and the Classified Senate has been meeting to discuss the format, schedule and content for this exciting event. This Flex Day will provide a unique opportunity for us to come together to engage in a college-wide robust dialogue about student equity, and discuss how we as individuals (within our programs and departments) and as a district are doing in this arena.  Departments will use some of this time on a student equity activity that will be incorporated into each department’s program review.  To aid in these conversations about student equity, guidance materials will be provided.  Our progress toward meeting these goals is critical to receiving Student Equity funds from the State.

For more information about student equity at CCSF, here is a link to the Student Equity Report which details institution-wide goals and activities to move the needle towards closing the achievement gap: https://sites.google.com/a/mail.ccsf.edu/ccsf-student-equity-report-2014/draft-report . Look out for other Flex Day announcements which will include the link to the Spring Flex Day program booklet.​ Submitted by Evelyn Tavisora.

___

Submitting to CityNotes: CityNotes is for everyone! Send a brief paragraph in the body of an email, along with any attachments, at least 5 days before your event to jhamilton@ccsf.edu and adewolk@kamergroup.com. Thanks!

2014 Fall Concerts & Recitals.doc