CityNotes for Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 22:19:37 +0000

1. Music Concert

2. Debate Showcase

3. Single Stop

4. English Department Holiday Sale

5. Annual Art Sale

6. CCSF Bookstores Now Hiring

7. Faculty & Staff Appreciation Days at CCSF Bookstores

8. Spring Professional Development Flex Day

1. Music Concert: The CCSF Gospel Choir, directed by Charles Hudspeth since 1982, will perform in celebration of Professor Hudspeth’s retirement. CCSF Creative Arts Building, Room A133Friday, Dec. 5th, 10-11 A.M. Submitted by Esther Wong.

2. Debate Showcase: You are cordiality invited to attend the CCSF Forensics Team's end-of-semester showcases on the next Wednesday:

  1. Watch oratory speeches, performances, and a debate on social justice issues on Wednesday, December 10th at 5:00pm in Visual Arts 115
We've won lots of awards this semester and the showcases should give you a glimpse of why. Hope you can attend! Submitted by Nathan Steele.

3. Single Stop: On November 20th, 2014, President Obama announced executive actions that his administration will be taking on immigration. The Single Stop Program here on the CCSF-Mission Center will be hosting a workshop in collaborations with our Immigration Legal Partners who will be presenting on the Immigration Executive Order. Students will have a chance to learn what it is and ask their questions. What: President Obama's Immigration Executive Order Workshop. When: Wednesday, December 10th, Where: CCSF Mission Campus Rm 107 @ 4:45pm-5:45pm. Submitted by Jorge Bell.

4. English Department Holiday Sale: Will Take Place in the Department Conference Room on the 5th Floor of Batmale Hall on Monday, December 8 commencing at noon and will continue until Thursday evening of December 11th.  The Traveling Thrift Shop will include holiday china and decorations, books, greeting cards, silver, china, linens, newly acquired jewelry, accessories, fine scarves for the men and women, framed art, picture frames, fine stationery, and more categories too numerous to mention.  All items will priced low to make them go.  The fire sale will happen on Thursday at 3 p.m..  All proceeds will go towards the English Department Social Fund and the Humanities Program Equipment Fund.  Bill Mc Guire will be present to cater to all of your needs.  This sale is open to everyone in our CCSF community!​ Submitted by Liam Mc Guire.

5. Annual Art Sale:
City College of San Francisco Art Department invites you to their 40th Annual Fort Mason Holiday Exhibition and Sale.  CCSF @ Fort Mason is located in Building B, 1st and 2nd floors, 2 Marina Blvd. SF 94123. This event features work by CCSF students and faculty.

Work in the following areas will be presented: Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, Watercolor Printmaking, Photography, Jewelry and Sculpture. There is a preview reception on Friday, Dec. 5 from 6-9PM. The show continues on Sat., Dec. 6 12-5PM and Sun Dec. 7 12-4PM.​ Submitted by Anita Toley.

6. CCSF Bookstores Now Hiring: We are now hiring for Temporary Sales Associates - Train and work in December, January & February @ stores all across San Francisco, please apply online at www.follett.com/careers.

7. Faculty & Staff Appreciation Days at CCSF Bookstores: CCSF Bookstores cordially invites you to join us for a two day special event on December 9th and 10th, as we celebrate the opening of our newly renovated Ocean Campus store and usher in the holiday season.  During these days, you can present your CCSF ID for a special discount on selected merchandise, please see stores for details.

If you can't make it to the Ocean campus, the Chinatown, Downtown, John Adams, and Mission campus stores will also be offering the same discount on these days during normal business hours.

8. Spring Professional Development Flex Day: Mark your calendars!  The Spring Professional Development Flex Day will be held on Friday, January 9, 2015 on the Ocean Campus.

A committee of representatives from Administration, the Academic Senate, and the Classified Senate has been meeting to discuss the format, schedule and content for this exciting event. This Flex Day will provide a unique opportunity for us to come together to engage in a college-wide robust dialogue about student equity, and discuss how we as individuals (within our programs and departments) and as a district are doing in this arena.  Departments will use some of this time on a student equity activity that will be incorporated into each department’s program review.  To aid in these conversations about student equity, guidance materials will be provided.  Our progress toward meeting these goals is critical to receiving Student Equity funds from the State.

For more information about student equity at CCSF, here is a link to the Student Equity Report which details institution-wide goals and activities to move the needle towards closing the achievement gap: https://sites.google.com/a/mail.ccsf.edu/ccsf-student-equity-report-2014/draft-report .

Look out for other Flex Day announcements which will include the link to the Spring Flex Day program booklet. Submitted by Evelyn Tavisora.

___

Submitting to CityNotes: CityNotes is for everyone! Send a brief paragraph in the body of an email, along with any attachments, at least 5 days before your event to jhamilton@ccsf.edu and adewolk@kamergroup.com. Thanks!

2014 Fall Concerts & Recitals.doc