CityNotes for Friday, October 31st, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Friday, October 31st, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 21:48:07 +0000

1. Watch This: Lou Seal and the Giants Powered by CCSF

2. Wine and Cheese Paring

3. Waterscapes

4. Important Parking Information

5. 2014 Fall Buffet at Pierre Coste Room (Ocean Campus)

6. Dream Scholarship Fundraising

7. Happy Halloween

1. Watch This: Lou Seal and the Giants Powered by CCSF

Congrats to the SF Giants for winning the World Series and to our CCSF Automotive Program for helping to power them all season long. Lou Seal, the mascot of the Giants, rides CCSF maintained electric scooters around the stadium that were built by CCSF Professor Nick Rothman and his students in the Automotive Program.

To show off their great work, we pitched it to ABC 7 News--and they loved it! Be sure to check out the story here and post it on your social media accounts.

2. Wine and Cheese Paring:  Culinary Arts and Hospitality Studies will be throwing a Wine and Cheese Paring at the Pierre Coste Dining Room on Thursday, November 13th from 4-7pm. $20 per person. RSVP with sdenney@ccsf.edu. Submitted by Monica Bosson.

3. Waterscapes: The Chinatown/NB Center Library is pleased to present Waterscapes, a series of black and white photographs by Yiye Teng in our display cases on the second floor. Yiye Teng is a recent graduate from the Photography Department at the Academy of Art University. In this series he has focused on water. Using a unique photographic process, he captures the essential qualities of water in these beautiful and mysterious images. Submitted by Mary Marsh.

4. Important Parking Information: Due to construction of the bookstore it will be necessary to close off considerable parking spaces in “H” lot (behind Conlan Hall) for equipment delivery.  This will affect the center portion of the parking lot on Monday November 3rd from approximately 7 am – 1 pm and Wednesday November 5th morning until late afternoon. Employees are encouraged to use parking in MUB and Upper Reservoir areas.  Thank you for your cooperation. Submitted by Andre’ L Barnes.

5. 2014 Fall Buffet at Pierre Coste Room (Ocean Campus): This event is a wonderful stage for our students to display all that they've learned throughout the semester. Take this opportunity to support our students, support the college, and share in some wonderful food.

- WHEN: November 25, 2014 (Tuesday)

Seatings begin at 11:15 (a family table will be available for singles)

- WHERE: Ocean Campus Pierre Coste Room

- COST: $19.31 (cost does not include tax or gratuity)

As you all know, our buffet events sell out each year; seats fill up VERY QUICKLY.

For reservations, please contact Chris Johnson: (415) 239.3438 or via email: cjohnson@ccsf.edu

(Please put "Ocean Campus Buffet Reservation" in the subject line, seatings at 11:15; 11:30; 11:45, and at 12:00).

6. Dream Scholarship Fundraising: We are currently raising funds through CCSF Payroll Deduction for the Dream Scholarship, the scholarship fund for CCSF undocumented students. The students who will benefit from your generosity have limited resources to pursue their educational aspirations as a result of not being eligible for Federal aid. Your monthly contribution is also tax deductible.

We have attached the Payroll Deduction Form for your convenience. Please complete and sign the form, and submit it directly to CCSF Payroll 33 Gough. Let us know when you have set up the payroll deduction so that we can formally acknowledge you at our next Task Force meeting.

Please email Julissa ViƱals at jvinals@ccsf.edu if you have any questions.

7. Happy Halloween: On behalf of everyone at CCSF, we wish you a fun and safe Hallow's Eve.

Payroll Deduction Auth. for Dream Scholarship.pdf

FA wine and cheese pairing F2014.pdf