CityNotes for Monday, October 27th, 2014

To: "ccsf@cloud.ccsf.edu" <ccsf@cloud.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: CityNotes for Monday, October 27th, 2014
From: CityNotes <Citynotes@ccsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 01:07:02 +0000

1. Status of City Notes

2. CCSF Forensics Team Wins Big

3. Credit and Non-Credit Classes Orientations

4. Downtown Open House

5. Lecture + Film Presentations

6. Equity Report Feedback Needed

1.    Status of City Notes: as you may have noticed, we have had a temporary interruption in the distribution of City Notes.  We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.  We are transitioning to new staff.  Please forward any items you’d like included in City Notes to: Jhamilton@ccsf.edu.  Thank you and we look forward to continuing to provide this service to the college community.

2.    CCSF Forensics Team Wins Big: CCSF Forensics Team won a long list of awards Sept. 28th and 29th at the Golden Gate Season Opener as well as winning the top sweepstakes award at Santa Rosa Jr. College Invitational on October 11th-12th. Diego Perez won the top speaker award by taking 1st place in all 3 of his events. Big thanks to Robert Hawkins, Joanne Babin and Harold Brown. To view the full history of awards, click here. Submitted By Nathan Steele.

3.    Credit and Non-Credit Classes Orientations: These workshops will discuss the different credit and non-credit classes, programs, and certificates at CCSF Mission Center. It will help you decide which is the best program for you – and give you information on how and when to apply. Please see the attached flier for details! Submitted by Jorge Bell.

4.    Downtown Open House: We’re hosting our Downtown open house this Tuesday, 10/28 from 3:30 – 6 pm in the Educated Palate. Attached you’ll a postcard and poster. Feel free to share. If your schedule permits, please stop by. Submitted by Geisce Ly.

5.    Lecture + Film Presentations: Come see our ongoing film and lecture presentations on The films of Gloria Rolando with Johnetta Richards in the Rosenberg Multimedia Room on Oct. 30th and Nov. 4th (please see the attached flyer), as well as our ongoing Library Exhibition, How We Play: Circus Acrobatics, Break Dance & Capoeira, in Rosenberg Library Display Cases 3 + 4 floors. Submitted by Mauro Garcia.

6.    Equity Report Feedback Needed: This report and its recommendations have been developed by teams of students, staff, faculty and administrators.

There are a number of ways to give feedback--tell us what you like, and what's missing:

1. Read the draft at: http://bit.ly/1nmr3En and give feedback via the Google form link available in the draft. **This is a very important way to give feedback since it will all be easily collated and considered.

2. Read the draft and give feedback via your constituent leaders (see below for contact info.

3. Come to a Student Equity Report Community Forum:

• Tuesday, October 28th, 3:30 to 5 (Ocean Campus, MUB 140)

-- Basic Skills & Course Completion

• Wednesday, November 5, 12-1:30 (Mission Campus, 107-108)

-- Basic Skills & Certificate/Degree Completion

• Friday, November 7, 3-4:30, (Ocean Campus, MUB 240 )

-- Certificate/Degree Completion & Access

• Tuesday,  November 11, 12:30 to 2 (Ocean campus, LLSU (Lower Level Student Union))

-- Course Completion & Transfer

• Wednesday, November 12, 12-1:30 (Downtown campus, Room 821)

1.    -- Access & Certificate/Degree Completion

Submitted By Michael Poindexter, Susan Lamb, Lillian Marrujo-Duck, and Equity Chairs

Workshop_flyers.pdf

LHM_2014_Online_Web (2).pdf

Open House Downtown poster Fall 2014.pdf

Open House Downtown postcard Fall 2014.pdf